What is partnership?
Partnership is making a commitment and investment in our local church body, its mission & values, as well as leadership
Partnership is important primarily for spiritual accountability to a community and its leadership
Hebrews 13:17 “Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.”
Privileges of Partners
1. Participate in all church activities.
2. Will receive periodic information regarding the direction of the church.
3. Vote on all matters with respect to which a vote of members of the church is authorized (by the leadership team), as long as they are 18 years of age or older (ex: voting for church leaders for future leadership teams).
4. Will receive periodic church budget updates throughout the year.
5. Eligible to be appointed to our leadership team.
1. To be supportive of the vision of the leadership but at the same time have a voice (& vote on matters).
2. To attend periodic Partner Meetings, keeping informed of what happens with our community.
3. To submit to the pastoral leadership of Hope East Queens for spiritual accountability.
4. To intentionally spend time in and with our community (and be hospitable 1 Peter 4:9).
5. To use your gifts & abilities to serve our community.
6. To find times of rest & Sabbath (to enjoy God and his creation).
7. To pray for our community.
8. Tithe (10%), giving sacrificially from your heart (1 Corinthians 16:1-2, 2 Corinthians 8:2-4, Phil. 4:17-18, 2 Corinthians 9:7).
9. To be missional and invite non-believers or the unchurched.
If you desire to take the next step towards committing to this body of believers, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TBD | 12:30PM @ Hope East Queens Office, 39-24 Bell Blvd., Bayside, NY 11361 (immediately following the morning service)